Re: Monterey Historics (brief report)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics (brief report)
From: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM (Ed Rush)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 92 16:57:53 PDT
The Monterey Historic Car Races made for an outstanding day.
I only wish I could have come back Sunday for more. (Next year,
it's both days for me!)

I owe thanks to TeriAnn for pointing out several interesting
cars that I hadn't noticed among all the other outstanding ones.
Speaking of whom, TeriAnn sez:
> I saw this BRG XK140 with chrome wire wheels that convinced me
> to paint my TR3 BRG and not Apple Green.

I'm glad. That was the first Apple Green TR3 I have seen, and
to be honest, I hope it's the last.

Another highlight, for me, was finding an old friend whom I
hadn't seen for 23 years! The last race of Saturday was vintage
Formula 1 cars, and the program book listed one driver as
Phil Reilly. Gee, said I, the Phil Reilly I used to know was
somewhat interested in racing. So I got to the pits area when
the race ended, and lo and behold it was indeed the same guy.

For what it's worth, comedian Jay Leno was there, too. I knew
he was into old motorcycles, but now I wonder if he has any
historic cars, too.

  | Ed Rush, not speaking for Metaphor, Mtn. View, CA  |
  |  UUCP: [...!{apple|decwrl}!]metaphor!rush          |
  |  Internet: rush@metaphor.com                       |
  | My Macintosh doesn't go out in the rain.           |