Monterey Historics (brief report)

To: DSTONE@libra.intel.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Monterey Historics (brief report)
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 08:49:04 EST
          In Daren Stones summary of the Monterey Historic Weekend,
          (wish I could have been there!) he commented that it was too
          bad XJ13 didn't run as well as it looked.

          I think I can offer a reason for this.  The following
          passage is from the August issue of Classic and Sportscar:

          "There have been plenty of guest appearances for Jaguar's
          `nearly' car since [the 1973 British Grand Prix].  During
          mid-1992 it is touring the USA, its itinerary including
          star billing at the Monterey Historic Weekend, where Jaguar
          is the honoured marque.  These days, running time is
          carefully rationed because spare parts are non-existent and
          some components are tired - the engine, for example,
          contains welded-up pistons."

          Included in the article was a 1971 photo of one twisted
          wreck of an XJ13!  The thing was totalled, kept under wraps
          for a couple of years, then resurected.

          Kendall