Re: long trips

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: long trips
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Fri, 28 May 93 11:16:40 EDT
Consultant to the Stars writes:

 >      What did I carry along? Well on the NY->TX-MN-NY trip I took a toolkit,
 > clothes, lots 'o gator-aid, duct tape, swiss army knife, two spares (race)
 > and an amex card. Later, I got wiser. When I drove to Boulder I took:
 > 4 spare tires, 12x20' canopy, rolling toolbox, mig welder, 4x15' carpet,
 > clothes, air bottle, floor jack, and a camera with dead batteries. Oh,
 > and I packed it all into the 4x5' trailer...Great trip...Mostly.

I think if I ever drive my LBC cross country, I'll just buy a parts
car, and tow it.  That way I'll have every spare I could possibly
need!  And by the time I got to the other side of the country, I would
have only one car!  It would be solid too, eh?

About my TR6 overdrive.  Ok ok ok...  I'll take everyones advice and
NOT put any magical mystery goop in the trans.  However, I think I
will switch to the Redline MTL stuff.  It's amazing, I put the Castrol
gear oil in, only to find that it isn't really the correct lubricant.
Hurray for the list!

Cheers,

-Scotty