Re: long trips

To: cak@parc.xerox.com (Chris Kent Kantarjiev)
Subject: Re: long trips
From: Robert.Bownes@East.Sun.COM (Consultant to the Stars)
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 14:53:17 EDT
        Well, I too have made many long distance trips. Albany N.Y -> Dallas ->
Minneapolis -> Albany probably being the longest. But alot of 4-10 hour one
way trips when I was living in Wisconsin to go race the car. Yes, drive
8 hours, sleep, race for 2 days, and drive home.

        What did I carry along? Well on the NY->TX-MN-NY trip I took a toolkit,
clothes, lots 'o gator-aid, duct tape, swiss army knife, two spares (race)
and an amex card. Later, I got wiser. When I drove to Boulder I took:
4 spare tires, 12x20' canopy, rolling toolbox, mig welder, 4x15' carpet,
clothes, air bottle, floor jack, and a camera with dead batteries. Oh,
and I packed it all into the 4x5' trailer...Great trip...Mostly.

        The way to travel is to, as chris saz, plan ahead, have the car very
ready.
pack lightly and for emergencies. Go and enjoy the sunshine.

Bob