UPS, an endeavour in oficiousness

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: UPS, an endeavour in oficiousness
From: dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca (dixon kenner)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 15:00:10 -0400
> From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
> Subject: Merchandise and UPS!

> I have really had it with UPS!

Let me echo your sentiments regarding UPS.  I have just received the "call"
from this bunch of officious louts informing me that they may have it in
Ottawa sometime next week, and to have a small bag of cash waiting for
them.  They offer no breakdown in costs, were unwilling to return it to the
point of mailing, leaving one with basically pay up, or lose it.  Never,
never, never has been my adage when it came to this useless excuse for a
delivery system, one that makes Canada Post and CUPW look like shining
knights.  Unfortunately, the option of using the US Postal Service and
Canada Post was initially unavailable and the package already sent when the
alternatives arose. <grrr>

Considering that they were not allowed in Ontario for years, I wonder who
and how much they paid for the chance to rip us off...

--
dixon kenner, dixon@fourfold.ocunix.on.ca
FourFold Symmetry, Nepean, Ontario, Canada