Movie cars

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Movie cars
From: Philip Searle <searle@indigo.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 13:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
Fawlty Towers (Thur, Sep 93).

Wasn't this a Red Austin 1100 and not a mini?
There used to be a lot of these in the UK. They had the 1098 A-series and
transverse gearbox but were slightly larger than a mini. I think they were
also badged as a Morris too? The 1300GT version made a good engine donor
for a mini if you were short of money.

Another 1100 was also featured in the John Cleese film "Clockwise". A good
movie if you liked Fawlty Towers but I'm not sure it was released in the US.

Phil Searle
'63 Triumph TR4
'76 Triumph Spitfire 1500