Re: TR6 flasher/directionals

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 flasher/directionals
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1993 09:14:50 PDT
Dr. Bobwrench sez

        Doesn't have to be. The connections corrode badly as time goes by.
        My TR-6 taillights need to be take out every couple of years and
cleaned
        out with scouring pad or something similar. Check *every* connection.

I've had good luck by coating the connections with white lithium
grease. That is, disassemble, scour (Scotchbrite is ideal for this, as
it won't remove metal, just corrosion), then smear with lithium grease.
The metal to metal contact will displace the grease to make contact,
but everything else is protected from moisture.