Re: TR6 flasher/directionals

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, pwv@tc.fluke.com
Subject: Re: TR6 flasher/directionals
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 10:18:05 PDT
>It sounds to me like you have (cue ominous background music, crank on reverb)
>
>     ... THE DREADED BAD GROUND SYNDROME!!!!
>
>Yep, bad system ground.  I'm assuming that you've already checked the
>grounding straps and the battery ground connection to the engine/body.

Yah, I had some minor flasher/lighting problems a couple of years ago on the
GT6 and noticed there was no good ground connection between the engine and body
except for the clutch hydraulic line.  Putting a 12 gauge wire between the body
and engine cured all.  On another related story, I had a Pontaic Gran Prix many
years ago and it broke about three shifter cables in a year.  Finally, one of
the dealer parts guys told me to make sure the engine/body ground strap was in
place, cause the cable would tend to weld itself to the casing since it was the
only ground connection if the ground braid was missing.  Sure enough, the strap
was hanging on by two strands.  Replaced it and never had a problem again. I
also had a 100W stereo amp in there which probably aggravated the problem.

Mike G.