Re: Midget Air Pump

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Air Pump
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 09:02:58 EDT
Speaking of emmissions, just how hard is it to get an MGB to pass?
Here in Montgomery County of Ohio we get to start being tested next
year.  My '74 has the SU HIF carbs on a '69 engine (GI, I believe) but
it has no air pump, no PCV valve, no EGR valve.  It's too old to need
a catalytic converter.  I belive at least for next year we will only
need to pass an idle only test, but they are talking about dynometer
tests at some point in the future.  How tough would it be for me to
pass without spending a fortune on the missing equipment?  It is my
understanding that if you pass the test, they don't look under the
hood, er bonnet.  I wonder how much it would cost me to take it to a
shop right now and have them test it so I can see how close I am.

Does anyone have a listing of what the emmissions standards were for
different years?

Thanks,

Bob