Re: MGB Headers

To: mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Subject: Re: MGB Headers
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 11:26:38 -0500 (CDT)
> There are available complete stainless steel exhaust systems
> that include 3-tube headers. These systems replace everything!
> However, since they eliminate the catalytic converter, they
> may not be legal for streat use in your state or locality.
>  -----------------------------------------------------------------
>  Martin Frankford                 Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc.
>  mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com     (205)726-2366 voice (205)726-3976 fax
>  -----------------------------------------------------------------

>From the Monster List:
------------------------------------
Victoria British (aka Vickie Brit, aka Sunbeam Spares
PO Box 14991
11567 W 83rd Terrace
Lenexa, KS 66215
Orders: 800-255-0088
        913 541-8500

I've dealt with these folks on a few orders, prefer Moss or TRF.  But
where else can you get a Turbo Whaletail spoiler for your Spitfire?  These
folks also do business as Sunbeam Spares, and carry MG, Austin-Healey and
Datsun Z parts.  Catalog is free.
(I have gotten a few knickknacks from them , too.  Sometimes they are
cheaper  than  Moss.  Their Spridget catalog has very good exploded
drawings.   - Phil Ethier)
For those interested in stainless exhaust systems, I purchased a Falcon
system  for my Alpine from Vicky Brit and have found it to be of very high
quality.   All the pieces fit perfectly, making it very easy to install.
- T.J. Higgins tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com
------------------------------------
and
------------------------------------
London Stainless

from the TE/AE newsletter:  "An unhappy restoration experience was shared
by Jim Armstrong.  As he reports:  '$500 down the tubes due to promises
unkept, bad quality and bad information.'  Basically he saw an ad for
stainless steel exhaust systems from London Stainless in CLASSIC CARS and
ordered same for his Tiger.  His letter to the Editor of CLASSIC CARS
explains his allegations in detail -- incorrect customs info supplied by
the advertiser, very poor fit of the system (costing almost $400 to refit
and HeliArc) -- and his futile attempts to rectify the situation.
Conclusion:  let the buyer beware, especially when purchasing and
importing from another country -- it's not like exchanging that Christmas
tie from dear old Auntie."

phile@stpaul.gov