Re: Berry has a Bad Car Day...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Berry has a Bad Car Day...
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 08:57:27 -0500
> Sybil has been being cranky for the last few months.  She'll run fine for a
> few minutes, usually just long enough to get far enough away from home that I
> don't want to walk back, and then go COUGH! sputter sputter R R R R R R uck!

I just bought a TR6 two weeks ago.  I had owned it about 20 minutes, was
driving it home, and "COUGH! sputter sputter R R R R R R uck!"!

I pulled over, my wife pulled over in her car, and when she stopped
giggling, I had it towed home.  It was starved for fuel at the fuel pump.
To make a long and unpleasant story short, I replaced all the stuff you did
(rubber, filters, pump).  I had two repeat side-of-the-road experiences.
Finally, I took the gas tank out and cleaned it. So far, no encores...

mike.