Re: Attn: SOL'ers in the metro Detroit area, Mk II

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Attn: SOL'ers in the metro Detroit area, Mk II
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 94 10:46:36 EDT
Last week I posted the following:

>Fellow fiends:
>
>As if the vintage races at Road America weren't enuf:
>
>For those of you in the metro Detroit area who are planning on attending
>this year's "Eyes on the Classic Designs" car show (used to be the "Eyes on
>the Classics") at the Edsel Ford Estate (actually a great place for a car
>show as long as it hasn't rained in the last seven days), I live only about
>a mile from the place and am thinking of having a post-show backyard
>gathering (which will probably turn into a front yard after the car show-
>car show,  if you bring *your* lbc, too).  If you have plans to attend, and
>are interested in bonding with * even more* car-guy/gal types after the
>show, say 5:30 ish, send me a posting and I'll keep you informed of details.
> My best information is that the show is on Saturday, June 18th, the day
>before Father's Day.
>
>Post me directly at wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
>
>Cheers and a good weekend to all!
>Will "Mr. Congeniality" Zehring
>
>P.S. No, the engine won't be back in, and no, the front end won't be done,
>and no the rear axle won't be done and no the interior won't be done and no
>I won't ask you to work on the car as long as you *are* there!

Today, Doug Mitchell rightly points out to me the following:

>Not to pick-nits, but after checknig my schedules, "Eyes..." is not on the
>18th, but rather on the 19th, which is Father's Day.

OOOPS!  :-)

So, this shindig  (sp?)  is still on, We'll just do it on the right day:
that is:
SUNDAY, JUNE 19, WHICH IS ALSO FATHER'S DAY
RAIN OR SHINE, 5:30-ISH AT MY HOME
A HOP, SKIP AND A JUMP FROM THE FORD ESTATE

Heck, if its raining we'll move to the garage and...
Again: interested parties please post to me directly
 and I will get back to you with additional details on the event,
 such as directions and such.  LBC usage encouraged!

Will "Better late than never" Zehring
wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu

P.S.  Thanks again, Doug!