Re: 1970 TR6

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1970 TR6
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 94 12:59:23 EST
 Those *railings* on the bumpers sound like the AMCO-made dealer-installed
 accessory overrider bars. They didn't seem to be very popular here in the
 Northeastern US on TR6s, maybe because their rounded character didn't
 fit in as well with the otherwise squarish looks of the TR6. I don't
 know how useful they were on a TR6, but I can vouch for their
 protective value on a GT6+!!!

 The *extra pair of lights* are actually reflectors added to some (1969?
 and) 1970 TR6s to meet U.S. Federal safety reflectivity standards,
 which the original taillamps failed to meet. There had been a recall of
 affected TR6s for this purpose as well. Around the same time, some of the
 same
 cars were recalled for front spring spacers to raise the headlamps
 to the minimum standard height!

 Sounds like this WAS a very original car.

 Andy --why do I remember these little details?-- Mace