Re: Al-You-Minnie-Um

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Al-You-Minnie-Um
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 10:08:28 PDT
        In general, you can buy one of the J.C. Whitney radiator savers. These
        are designed for all Fe systems, but there's a guy in Boulder who sells
        a replacement element made of of magnesium. I just ordered a couple -
        they're about $5.

Good thing I read the digest in the morning before I go to work!

'Sacrificial magnesium anode, replaced the zinc anode in the "Radiator
Saver" (J.C. Whitney p/n 74-7496). For one, send US $7, for two send
$6/each, for three or more send $5/each. Steve Magnusson, 2215
Spotswood Place, Boulder, CO, 80304-0993'

The one I pulled out of the Ferrari's radiator filler neck is well and
truly wasted, and the rest of the bits in the water system that I've
opened look fine, so it's doing *something*...