Re: Naming Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (Scions of Lucas)
Subject: Re: Naming Cars
From: Brian Wertz <brian@hpbs5274.boi.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 11:25:11 MDT
Greetings,

   On the subject of naming cars, I am in agreement with the thought
that the car will suggest its own name.  Consider my '93 Esprit.
It's red, has nice curves, attracts a lot of attention, and it has
an Aggie** (graduate of Texas A&M) inside.  During my first drive, I
heard a soft voice saying "Julia".  Upon pondering the similarities
to the red-headed Julia Roberts, I concurred.

   Veering away from drawing any more potentially offensive comparisons,
I leave you with this humorous anecdote:

   Last month a group of 12 exotic car owners in Boise met for a short
drive and picnic.  My daily driver is a Shelby Dodge Daytona.  For
Christmas, some close friends had a license plate frame for the Lotus
made up.  It reads "My other car is a Dodge".  Being a down-to-earth
person, I laughed and mounted it on the Lotus.  Well, at this exotic
car picnic, a Viper was parked next to me...

** Lyle Lovett received both his degrees from Texas A&M.

Brian Wertz | brian@txaggie.boi.hp.com | HP Disk Memory Division | Boise, ID
                                        '89 Dodge Shelby Turbo Daytona
                                        '49 Plymouth
                                        '93 Lotus Turbo Esprit (937 miles)