Re: clutch pins, rivet nuts, mice in your intake

To: Randell.Jesup@scala.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch pins, rivet nuts, mice in your intake
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 94 16:56:07 -0700
You really do want to remove the whole pedal assembly and clean it up.  The kind
of wear you have is affecting pedal travel before your brake & clutch work.
Your car will feel much better when you drive it.  Having just put mine back on
my TR3 recently, its not that bad of a job.  The worst part for you will be
removing the brake fluid without getting it all over your paint.

You want to put new bushings in where the pedals swivel from what I think you
are saying.   The oveled holes in the top end of the pedals need to be welded
shut then redrilled.  If the fork parts and the threaded pin that fits into them
are elongated or badly worn, Moss carrys them (I just got a set to replace the
ones Elvis made off with).

I suspect your TR has way more than 5X K miles on it.  Your wear seems wore than
mine was and it has close to 200K miles on the TR3 (Though you wouldn't know it
had any miles to look at it :*).  Perhaps it could be closer to 25X K miles?

While you have the pedal assembly out you can repaint it and deal with the rust
thats under it....   Well its not that bad a job as long as it doesn't end up
growing into a frame off restoration.

Good luck

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561