Re:Barn Find

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Barn Find
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 07:52:12 -0500

        Marcel,

        Before I get on a soapbox about your find let me tell you
        and all that I'm big time crazy about Mogs. That being said
        let me have a go at your "find".

        I'd be the one to get the car and worry about the problems
        (financial) regarding a rebuild.

        Pros:

        This is a REALLY nifty old Morgan! If you were looking for
        dynamite "Crumpet bait" THIS IS IT. Crumpets LOVE cute...
        This Mog epitomizes the adjective. Hell, in cute contest
        it would win hands down over nearly anything else.

        Morgan - THE COMPANY is still making cars... They are very
        supportive in helping those Mog owners who want to restore
        older examples of the breed (I've heard that they can replace
        wood and metal components on ANYTHING THEY HAVE MADE). They
        probably will be able to get a source for anything else. This
        kind of support is not available to we LBCers whose manufac-
        turers are no longer in existence.

        Mog owners enjoy a neat support system with good active clubs
        throughout the US and Canada.

        Cons:

        Because of its age and design it's not an easy car to drive or
        maintain. You just can't jump on the Interstate and keep up
        with traffic... It's chain drive with all the flaws inherent to
        that feature. It was designed for cheap transportation in keeping
        with the tax laws that stifled British auto design back before
        the war. Still....

        It IS unique. You won't find many about (this may be good or bad
        depending on how you look at unique). There will be few shows you
        attend that will have even one Morgan Trike. Finally those who
        love the Morgan 3-Wheelers are as fanatical a bunch as ever you'll
        find. The insist the wee beastie is more fun than  anything
        they've encountered (at least with their clothes on).

        Hell, If I was able to afford it I'd ask you where that barn was
        myself...

                        Gregory "Just Mogifornia Dreamin" Petrolati

--
        "Three Breaks for tea and home before dark!"

    Greg Petrolati                 gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org
        1962 TR4