Re: Light bulbs and heat

To: montanaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Subject: Re: Light bulbs and heat
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 11:55:39 PDT

> So, for Roland's example, unless his new-fangled halogen light bulbs are
> higher wattage than his old ones, he shouldn't notice any increase in
> brightness. If he's running a higher wattage halogen, it will be brighter,
> but then his plastic lenses may melt...

They are MOST DEFINITELY brighter.  I couldn't tell that much
difference in bright sunlight but at night, wow!

If I think of it I'll look up the wattage tonight.  I have no idea
what the power rating is for an incandescent 1157 bulb is.

Actually maybe I won't bother; unless someone really wants to continue
this discussion yet another day.

Roland