Re: Wire Wheels

To: feold@umd5.umd.edu (Chip Old)
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 12:40:40 PDT
> true, with all spokes tightened correctly.  I'm surprised you were quoted
> a higher price for Dunlops; Daytons are often more expensive.  What
> vendors were those prices from?
>
> Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710

Apparently this varies.  Looking through British Wire Wheel's
prices Daytons are cheaper for some models, the same for some and
more expensive for other.  For example for my car painted Dunlops
cost more but chromes are the same price.  Actually Dayton "chrome"
wheels have stainless steel spokes.  At least that was the case
a couple of years ago.

BTW, I've heard the same thing about Daytons being of better
quality; but if you want to stay "original" I guess you'd have
to go with the Dunlops.

Roland