Wire Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheels
From: jfriday@netcom.com (Kristina Ament)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 15:14:43 -0700 (PDT)
I'm hoping that some of you can provide some information on wire wheels.
I have purchased a set of used splined hubs for my Sunbeam Alpine.  One
of the hubs needs resplining.  Does anyone know of a place that works on
hubs in the Washington, DC or Northern New Jersey areas?  Also, I have
received information on wheels made by Dayton, Dunlop, and Peter Rees.
All three provide wheels for my car. The prices quoted for chrome wheels
have been about $210 each for Dayton, $225 for Dunlop, and $150 for Peter
Rees but shipping from England must be added. Does anyone have any experience
with these wheels? What are the differences?  Are there other manufacturers I
should be looking at?  Thanks in advance for your help.