Re: Wire Wheels

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 16:54:50 -0400
   From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>

   BTW, I've heard the same thing about Daytons being of better
   quality; but if you want to stay "original" I guess you'd have
   to go with the Dunlops.

Even that's stretching it; "Dunlop" wheels are made by a non-British
company which licensed the name some time ago. The quality is not what
it was in the originals... If you really want solid original wheels I
think you have to find a good set of rims and hubs and rebuild
them. Building wheels is something of an art; British Wire Wheel does
a nice job..

                                -john
John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu