Re: Wire Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 1994 02:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 1 Jul 1994 jfriday@netcom.com (Kristina Ament) wrote:

> Also, I have
> received information on wheels made by Dayton, Dunlop, and Peter Rees.
> All three provide wheels for my car. The prices quoted for chrome wheels
> have been about $210 each for Dayton, $225 for Dunlop, and $150 for Peter
> Rees but shipping from England must be added. Does anyone have any
> experience with these wheels? What are the differences?

I don't know about Peter Rees' wheels, but the general concensus among
BritCar people I know is that Dayton wheels are usually assembled to a
higher standard than Dunlop wheels.  They're more likely to be round and
true, with all spokes tightened correctly.  I'm surprised you were quoted
a higher price for Dunlops; Daytons are often more expensive.  What
vendors were those prices from?

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)