TC got the shakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TC got the shakes
From: decvax!cg-atla.agfa.com!ahrendt@uucp-gw-2.pa.dec.com (Dave Ahrendt)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 07:21:47 -0400
Hi all!

I've just managed to get my MG-TC drive train back in the
car after breaking the crankshaft on the way to the
Burlington, VT. GOF last fall.  All seems well, engine
way up on power, generally smooth but for one problem.

Just every now and then after shifting in fourth the car
seems to have the shakes.  The first time this happened I
thought I had a flat.  When this happens, if I just push
in the clutch I have a 50-50 chance of the problem going
away.  If is doesn't just try it again and it will go
away and the whole car just smooths out.

I'm assuming that something went wrong in the clutch or
my assembly of the clutch.  Before I go pulling things
apart is there a chance that this may be "normal" and will
go away?  I put about 800 miles since rebuild including
a 500 mile round-trip to the Syracuse GOF.

If I do pull things apart what should I look for?
Any other ideas?

Regards, Dave