Re: TC got the shakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TC got the shakes
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 11:28:21 PDT
Oh ... when Greg said "clutch pilot bushing", I nodded my head in
agreement, but because I was thinking of the pilot bushing on the
output shaft. That is, what many manuals call the "output shaft spigot
bushing" (not the clutch pilot bushing - I seem to be having a lot of
synaptic misfiring today).

This is the piece that keeps the input shaft and the output shaft
rotating on the same axis. If this bearing fails, you may get wobble
between the two (not to mention wear on the output shaft "spigot" and
matching surface on the input shaft).

Of course, now *I* will get the flames telling me that the TC's gearbox
doesn't have a spigot bushing ...