Re: TC got the shakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TC got the shakes
From: Steven Taylor <staylor@BBN.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 09:37:10 EDT
I have a friend, not on the list, who has first hand experience with the
thread a few weeks ago about wheel bearings on late-model Spitfires.  As
a result of not having the list's experience, he now has a very mangled
half-axle on his 1980 Spit.  Bearings firmly stuck and hub that's all
bent up from a "gear-pulling-device".

New half-axles are quite dear and the "local" used parts sources seem to
have destroyed any Spitfires that they had.  So...anybody got a lead on
a half-axle of a half-car or a junkyard within striking distance of
Boston (or Baltimore)??

The summer's wasting away and my friend is not a happy puppy.

Steve