Re: freaky clutch...I don't understand...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: freaky clutch...I don't understand...
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 10:00:25 EDT
>>I have to say no, there is no leftwards pressure from the rod. This is saying
>>that the release bearing is ALWAYS in contact with the clutch, thus providing
>>the pressure. This is impossible, as the bearing would wear too quickly.
>>
>>Marcus

Yes, I thought about that about a minute after I sent the posting.  OTOH,
the preasure the spring is providing to the piston and hence to the rod is
pretty darn slight.  It ain't that much of a spring.  I don't know whether
that really ammounts to much preasure on the release bearing that it would
relly effect that much wearing.  Has anyone else suggested an explanation?

Will