Re: freaky clutch...I don't understand...

To: fungus@CSOS.ORST.EDU (Curt Onstott)
Subject: Re: freaky clutch...I don't understand...
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 11:13:48 PDT

> A note on clutch bleeding:
>
> Get yourself a 60cc hypodermic syringe and some tubing.  Open your clutch

I mentioned this last time bleeding came up but I think it's worth
mentioning again.  An easier alternative (IMO) to a syringe is one of
those chemical squeeze bottles.  I have one that's about a pint
(~470cc).  I pushed a clear hose over the long nozzle end and use it
pretty much as describe for the syringe.  The advantages are ease of use
and the greatly increased volume so that the job can pretty much be done
in one shot.  Since suction is maintained continuously the risk of
getting air into the system is small.

In addition I use mine to suck most of the old fluid from reservoirs
when I'm doing flushes.  Saves cycling large amounts of old fluid from
the reservoir to the calipers or slaves.  Don't forget to refill the
reservoir before connecting to the bleeder valve.

Of course if you have an Eezibleed this makes it even easier.
Unfortunately Eezibleeds have become ridiculously expensive and they
don't fit every type of reservoir.

Roland