Spark Plugs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spark Plugs
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 14:39:44 -0400 (EDT)
Remember the probelms I was having with getting the TR3 to pull smoothly
and idle nicely? Largely solved, but there was a little roughness that
was still bugging me.

Did a colour tune on it and noticed that the car ran better with the
coloutune in it! HMMM ?!?

Now, these plug were put in new last fall and have less than 300 miles on
them. But, they are ... Champions. Someone said a few negative things
about this nearly larger than life brand last week. Having them snap off
it was , I think.

Well, I replaced all the plugs with NGKs and the car runs far better.
Too cold, too soft a plug?  The make ? Waddaya think?

Have you had good/bad experiences with a certain plug?

I have NEVER had spark plug woes (OH NO.. I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT !)
and this plug LOOKED perfect but was causing a problem.

Live and learn I guess. Maybe I've been lucky so far.

Chris Ball
triumph@io.org