Re: 1925 Alvis Starting

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1925 Alvis Starting
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:02:38 -0600
>> fyi, all the recommendations about starting fluid don't work with my
>> updraught carb's location,
>
>John, I'm curious.  Just what is it around the carb that prevents access ?
>I'm not doubting your statement, I've never even seen an Alvis.  But as
>cantankerous as those early carbs were, I just can't imagine putting one in
>such a difficult location.

More to the point, I have never been that concerned with the locations of
intake components.  I have always sprayed the stuff into the intake opening,
wherever that may be.  Updraft, downdraft, sidedraft, who cares?  Where is
the air taken in?  Is it under the car?  Is that the problem?

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org