Re: 1925 Alvis Starting

To: pethier@isd.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1925 Alvis Starting
From: Johno8@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:16:03 EST
Phil et al,

It's almost completely inaccessible.  There is about 1" between intake and
exhaust manifold downpipe.  No room even to fit a thin pancake air filter.
Adjacent to all this is the steering box.  If I had a 1/16th OD flexi hose of
about 8", I could snake it through the hole in the choke butterfly. Even if I
could start with fluid, obviously this is not the way to repeatedly start old
cars. I've been driving this car for 8 years now and it has always been an
easy starter.

Thanks for your concern.

<< John, I'm curious.  Just what is it around the carb that prevents access ?