RE: 1925 Alvis Starting

To: <Johno8@aol.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1925 Alvis Starting
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 01:39:30 -0800
>  I will resort to a magneto swop if other efforts fail.  But
> where would one
> get a magneto remagnetized?

FWIW, Lindsay Books has a book in the current catalog "How to Build a
Magneto Magnetizer" by Dave Gingery.  "It's a proven device built from
currently available materials, and at low cost." "Dave will show you how a
magneto works, how to test one, how the magnetizer works and will show you
in detail how to build one."
36 pages, No. 3008 $7.95

Right below it is "How to Restore Tractor Magnetos", No. 3073  $21.95

NFI, just a satisfied Lindsay customer.  Their web site is at
http://www.lindsaybks.com/

I'm not familiar with the listed books, but I have other books by Dave
Gingery, including his "Build your own metal working shop from scrap"
series.  Well written and practical, although sometimes a bit short on
photos.  Dave writes from first hand experience ...

Randall