Re: CAM/INLET/CARB RECOMENDATIONS

To: John Bartholomew <jdb70@minerva.amdahl.com>
Subject: Re: CAM/INLET/CARB RECOMENDATIONS
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:53:10 -0400
John-

Everyone will have a different bit of advice, as most of us think we have the
best possible setup ourselves. That aside, the Buick/Olds 4bbl intake is a very
good manifold, fairly easy to find among list members, good used should be
around $100.00 plus or minus. The most popular carb seems to be a Carter 500
cfm, #9510, with electric choke, which is my choice.

Cam selection is like picking a ....well, there seems to be no scientific way
to choose among the 100's available. A good street cam for a mostly stock
engine is a Crane #900531, at least I am happy with it. There are many, many
others as good, maybe better. RPI engineering recommends a stock 3.9 Rover cam
as very good in a 3.5. Others on the list will have some suggestions, I am
sure.

Jim Stuart