Re: CAM/INLET/CARB RECOMENDATIONS

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CAM/INLET/CARB RECOMENDATIONS
From: Daniel Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:30:18 -0500
>In the UK there was a TWR Offenhauser which was a dual plane.  It had
>tiny little runners with very sharp turns.

That's the Dual Port.  It's not a dual plane, BTW.  The stock Buick/Olds
and Edelbrock Performer Rover intakes are dual planes.  They have
a left/right split plenum with one side of the plenum higher than the
other.  4 of the runners (typically the outer two from one side and the
inner two from the other) feed from each plenum side.

>I used to run an Offenhauser 360 which is like a single plane manifold but
>with a divider in the plenum so that the left 2 barrels effectively feed
>cylinders 1,3,5 and 7 and the right does 2,4,6 and 8.  Many people run this
>with an open spacer and it seems to pull harder at the top end, but with a
>flat spot in the midrange.

Any comparisons with how the 360 compares with any other intake
like a Performer or a Huffaker?

Thanks,
Dan Jones