Re: CAM/INLET/CARB RECOMENDATIONS -Reply

To: djones2@mdc.com
Subject: Re: CAM/INLET/CARB RECOMENDATIONS -Reply
From: Ian Crocker <ian@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 17:42:18 +0100 (BST)
> Is that the Dual Port or the Equa-Flow Offy intake?
> I'm looking for feedback from those running the
> Equa-Flow.

In the UK there was a TWR Offenhauser which was a dual plane.  It had
tiny little runners with very sharp turns.

I used to run an Offenhauser 360 which is like a single plane manifold but
with a divider in the plenum so that the left 2 barrels effectively feed
cylinders 1,3,5 and 7 and the right does 2,4,6 and 8.  Many people run this
with an open spacer and it seems to pull harder at the top end, but with a
flat spot in the midrange.  FWIW I think that with a small carb, say
a Holley 390, there could be a problem when not using a spacer.  Due to
the firing order of the 215 there are times when cylinders on the same
bank are drawing at the same time.  If you work out the theoretical air
flow requirements then one half of a 390 falls short of requirements during
this overlap phase.

I ran my manifold without the spacer as I preferred the driveability
that way.

Regards,

Ian
--