What's a T-5 worth?

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: What's a T-5 worth?
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:49:00 -0500
-> So I called 12 appropriate junk yards (auto jumbles) in Houston today
-> and found *one* S-10 T-5 post-1988 for the 4.3L V6.  And they wanted
-> $550 USD for it -- delivered.  Does that seem right?  It was double
-> what I expected, but that's a common phenomena.

 Local (Arkansas) price is closer to $750.  My brother was getting
similar quotes in north Florida; he was practically dancing with joy
when he found one for only $500.  Then he found out why - it came from
behind the 3.4 V6, and it has a Chevy input shaft and a *FORD*
bellhousing pattern!  I welded and machined a spare bellhousing and
shipped it to him last week; he says it fits great.

 The GM pattern is wider than it is tall, with the lower right bolt
kicked out a bit.  The Ford pattern is taller than it is wide, with the
upper right bolt kicked out a bit.

 Tell 'em you want the shifter and yoke too; it'll save trouble later.

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
=================================== http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm