Re: What's a T-5 worth?

To: jimbb88@erols.com,
Subject: Re: What's a T-5 worth?
From: Kris & Bill Wessale <wessale@iwl.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:02:13 -0600
I may have been mislead about the 4.3L.  Bob Wilson sent me some info that
indicates I *don't* want the 4.3L tranny.  Back tracking my research, it looks
like that bit of "guidance" came from one of the junk yards I called.

The bit about the input shaft splines came from MG V8 Newsletter (Ussie IV Vol
1).  It says, "The V8 trans has 26 splines on the input shaft and 27 on the
output shaft."  Looking at this again, it doesn't say that the V6 tranny has
anything different.  I just assumed it did since they pointed it out in the
article.

You're right, of course.  The clutch disk is the only thing that mates onto the
input shaft.

I like of less pedal effort.  I guess you have found that the S-10 clutch
doesn't go up in smoke with the BOP215 because the tires break loose before the
clutch slips?

After reading your email, the question I have is:  Can I use *any* T-5 out of an
S-10 even if it was originally bolted to the 4-banger?  Will that transmission
still mate to the Buick 4-speed bell housing and still have the gear ratios you
mention (2.95, 1.94,...)?

Thanks for the great help as usual,

Bill