Re: M100's Quote from Sports Car International

To: mikec@dial.drakken.com
Subject: Re: M100's Quote from Sports Car International
From: rodbean@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:44:25 -0700
Mike Causer wrote:

> bengel wrote:
>
> > Rod:
> > Humm, FWD Ferrari...well with FIAT in control, what's in the perverbial
> > parts bin?
> > Lop 2 off the V-8 and install in a Panda? Call it the "Oso Rosa" (that
>should
> > really upset the Testarossa owners, oops there's two of those too!...:-) )
>
> Isn't there a "Lancia" (Fiat in drag nowadays) that has a V8 Ferrari
> engine driving the front wheels?  Wheelspin City!    There was also the
> Fiat Dino, a Turin rot-box with the V6 Ferrari engine.  Driving the
> back though, so some degree of sanity prevailed.
>
> And of course we must not forget the first ever Ferdinand Porsche design
> was front wheel drive!   (There was one on the Brighton Run last year,
> anyone else going to be there on the 1st Sunday in November this year?)
>
> Mike

I was thinking of current fwd being used (for cost reasons, of course) in maybe
an
entry level Ferrari or Porsche with all the marketing B.S. proclaiming
superiority
and that fwd is the modern way to go because 90% of ordinary cars are front
driven
these days.  It would be a terrible blow to the average poseur's ego.  And true
knowledgeable enthusiasts of the marques would feel their intelligence insulted
(that one I understand).

Rod