M100's Quote from Sports Car International

To: <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: M100's Quote from Sports Car International
From: bengel <bengel@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:11:49 -0700
While waiting for yet another late AmericaWest flight to California, I came
across the
October Issue of "Sports Car International". It has a great review of the
Esprit V8, all
empirical, but good reading. " It's the kind of car Colin Chapman would
still be proud to
sell".

Then in the "Highest Bidder" auction results section the sale of an M100
was reported
as:
        Christie's Auction, Los Angeles, June 19, 1999
        Sale Price: $23,000 Price New: $40,000
        "Now after storage and insurance, and not being driven, has lost 50% of
        its value, the Lotus Elan Turbo SE, with its Isuzu engine, whoopee
cushion
        exhaust note and front-wheel drive is the Porsche 924 of Loti, and never
        likely to appreciate..."

Now I find that insulting, even when I have never owned an M100! But, I guess
every marque needs it's alpha and omega car...Ford had the Edsel, Jaguar
the MK-X, Yugo the Yugo...So, now we have the omega, shall we start a new
thread on what is the best Loti?
JUST KIDDING!!!!

--------
Brett Engel                             PSO Engineer
Cisco Professional Services
(602)-912-1852                  bengel@cisco.com
Cisco Systems                   Suite 120
2390 E Camelback Rd                     Phoenix, AZ 85284
---------