Re: M100's Quote from Sports Car International

To: rodbean@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: M100's Quote from Sports Car International
From: Mike Causer <mikec@dial.drakken.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 01:55:31 +0100
rodbean@earthlink.net wrote:

> I was thinking of current fwd being used (for cost reasons, of course) in
>maybe an
> entry level Ferrari or Porsche

I think they are both too far removed from entry level now, they'd need
several steps to get from entry to their main-line products.   And of course
they will know internally that FWD is hopeless at the power outputs their
products deal in.

> with all the marketing B.S. proclaiming superiority
> and that fwd is the modern way to go because 90% of ordinary cars are front
>driven
> these days.  It would be a terrible blow to the average poseur's ego.  And
>true
> knowledgeable enthusiasts of the marques would feel their intelligence
>insulted
> (that one I understand).

90% of ordinary cars are shopping trollies.   10% have aims in life other than
going to the supermarket.  0.001% are Lotuses and Ferraris.  Vive la difference!

Of the Public, 10% can tell a shopping trolly from a bicycle, 0.01% can tell
a race car from a road car, 0.0001% know _why_ they want a Lotus.

Mike