Re: Gas tank repair

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank repair
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:55:34 -0700
Steve-
        Here's a guess- the old rubber hoses were decaying on the inside, and
what you were seeing in the settling bowl was rubber bits...  Were they
fuel-rated lines, or something cheezy like vacuum hose?  Usually, a
rusty line or tank leaves brown rust bits, not black.  Try drying the
gunk out and seeing what it looks like...
Toby