Re: High velocity

To: "Rob Robinson" <FastrTime@t-three.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High velocity
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:36:25 -0800
<I'm curious as to how many of you are relying on speedometer readings and
how many are actually calculating speed? Also, are you using a U20 or
something else, and how did the car feel at top speed, handling
wise...fairly secure or downright scary? Mine felt rather twitchy, >

U20 motor but the turbo does and some extra HP over twice as much
at 150 mph on the gauge (stock rear end 3:70 with stock dia tires)
was pushing 7 lbs. boost to keep it at 150, the waste gate was set for 15
lbs. but the turbo would push it to 17 to 18 lbs.., needed larger waste
gate. the u20 breaths so well it gains hp with boost quite well.
At 120 you could change lanes on a dime, at 150 i wasn't trying to do
anything but go strait on the road. but it was not twitchy at all. I have
the front dropped 2 inches and 66 rear springs this keeps the air on top of
the hood pushing the front end down.  I have driven some roadsters I
wouldn't have wanted to go 80 mph in also.

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
3730 Todrob LN.
Placerville CA. 95667