Re: High velocity

To: Ron Hamilton <ej99176@goodnet.com>,
Subject: Re: High velocity
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:08:31 -0800
Ron,
Joe Klokkevold said the same thing yesterday before Mike even
replied with his 350 horsepower U20. Joe has alot of experience
with Datsun/Nissan engines. He said about the same thing you did.
although he even stated that the FJ20 is not a match for the SR20.
He felt that the cam timing chain was a weak link along with the
cast iron block casting. He felt that the U20 was good for around
250 horsepower. Normally aspirated ones around 210 with 13 to 1
pistons.

I tend to believe what he says. The U20 designers never intended
it to be a turbocharged power plant.

This is my opinion based on information I have received from various
other Datsun / Nissan owners.

I am not saying Mike's car doesn't produce a fair amount of power,
but I don't think it is 350. Didn't the VG30ETT only produce 320
horsepower.

Maybe now I will seriously consider an SR20 :-}

Mike