Re: exhaust gases inside with top up.

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust gases inside with top up.
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 02:17:08 -0800
Couple of ideas-
        the vent on top of the valve cover should be vented to the aircleaner,
as in the recent thread...
        I had a similar problem, and solved it- by accident- when I extended
the chrome tip on my tailpipe!  The tailpipe was making a mess of my
rear bumper, so I cut the welds on the (aftermarket) tip, and moved it
so that it extends past the bumper.  It also solved my exhaust smell.
The trunk on the roadster is not really well isolated from the passenger
compartment (the fenders continue forward of the wheel wells, leaving
lots of ways for smells to get in) and mine had a number of holes,
cracks and leaks.
One idea,
Toby

MMccaf8697@aol.com wrote:

> I am a relatively new roadster enthusiast, however, I've spoken z cars for a
> long time.
> On my roadster, exhaust gases seem to be entering the cockpit the the top up.
 Any thoughts?