Heater Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Questions
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:39:39 -0700
Greetings,

Awhile back I asked some questions about pulling the dash, and that turned
into questions on pulling the windshield.  I'm happy to report that I have
the dash pulled & cleaned & painted, looking good.

So...I'm cleaning up all of the other stuff, wiper motor & arms, guages &
connections, hoses, etc.  I've never played with a heater before, so I was
suprised to see that it looks like a minature radiator (in fact there's a
sticker on it from a Japanese Radiator shop).  Can someone explain to me how
this unit works?

It seems that water must flow thru this mini-rad, get heated by that little
element, and then the fan blows the hot air into the cab?

P.S.  I tried Victor Laury's Spiced Cider recipe this weekend, really warms
you up after cleaning parts in the garage.

Later...Robert - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque