RE: Hondas

To: "'Greg Glass'" <GGlass@SIMITAR.com>,
Subject: RE: Hondas
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:24:28 -0500
Somebody who came to the Watkins Glen meeting who used to own a Datsun
and he traded it for a Honda S600. Cool car but tiny and I mean TINY.
Makes the Datsun look like a Cadillac.

The S500 & 600 had chain drives as they had motorcycle trannies and
engines. The S800 had a motorcycle engine but had a real car tranny w/ a
drive shaft. They were never imported to the US but some were brought to
Canada and many to England where there is a fairly big club for them.

I met a guy last year who had several including a mint one he restored
and showed.  He told me people from all over send him their cars to be
worked on and restored. Also told me many of the parts are still
available but hard to get in the US.

They are rather pricey compared to a Datsun.

BTW, they were the 1st cars Honda produced and they got them out in a
hurry because of an edict passed in Japan regarding car production.