Re: Hondas

To: Greg Glass <GGlass@SIMITAR.com>
Subject: Re: Hondas
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:40:18 +1000
About 10 years ago I owned a few Honda S600s and an S800 coupe. They are fun
little cars with amazing engines, the S600 would easily rev past 10000rpm.
The S600s had a chain drive rear end with coil-over shock absorbers that were
mounted on a 45deg angle, when you accelerated hard the tail of the car would
lift up about 6 inches. The gearboxes have their own oil pump to circulate
the oil through the box. They are VERY small, if a Sprite pulls up next to
you you have to look up to see it. Here in Australia we also got the Honda
T500. These are a really small truck that has the same engine as the S500.
(500cc twin-cam all alloy engine with needle roller conrod bearings and 4
side draught carbs.) These trucks are worth more than the sports cars these
days.
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html