Re: Battery Charging- BLAM!(they do that)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Charging- BLAM!(they do that)
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:52:04 EST
Parts days battery stories:

Batteries don't even need to be charging do to that. Working in auto parts
houses, many a time I had opened up the shop, went into the back room, walked
past the core pile that had gotten WAY too big, and discovered quite a mess.
Usually something in the bottom/middle had decided to let go. Never
conveniently on the top. What a pain in th @$$ first thing in the morning.
Fortunately it seemed to happen overnight, never during the day. We never
could get the battery suppliers to get the cores out of there before they got
"outta hand."

One other silly (yet easily avoidable) battery safety problem that seemed to
come up a lot was just the meer act of sitting one down. A little too hard
and POP, up come the caps, acid in the eyes, and I gotta fill out L&I forms.
Hmmph! I DON"T miss the days in working at that large "shall remain nameless"
auto chain! (yes, they were too cheap to provide safety glasses in those
days.)

Laurie:-)
Chandler, AZ
70 SPL311