Re: opening her up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: opening her up
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:10:40 EST
Hello,

With all of the talk about 4th and 5th gear speeds I thought I would play
around this afternoon on the freeway.

On the way back from a local meet with the local 510 club in Silicon Valley I
was cruising back and I decided to see what the difference was in
acceleration in the different gears and at different RPM's.

It just so happened that a '99 Z3 pulled up to me while I was in fifth gear
at about 4200rpm.  He jumped on it and so did I and he pulled away pretty
easily.  I pulled up to him again but this time in fourth gear running at
around 5100.  He again jumped on it but this time I pulled away just
slightly.  There was never a third confromtation.

Soon after a Miata pulled up behind me.  I dropped into fourth gear and
waited for the left lane to clear.  When id did I accelerated slightly to get
into the powerband.  The Miata driver stayed right behind me still.  At
around 4800rpm I jumped on it and it was easily over.  Our Roadsters can out
power a Miata without too much of an effort.

It was great to get out on the road again.  It has been over four months
since I had a decent drive in my 2000.  Looking forward to the Y2K meets!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
http://members.aol.com/calspeed/index.html