Re: The list in action

To: "Andrew Murphy" <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>,
Subject: Re: The list in action
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:35:58 -0800
Hi Andrew,

Just wanted to mention I said the thread is 20 tpi. BTW, the  holes I'm
refering to are the factory holes for a rollbar. There are two holes on
each side of the floor behind the seats. Usually they are taped over at the
factory. If you look underneath the car you will easily spot the nuts. This
is a strengthened area of the floor, and is more than strong enough to hold
a seatbelt and person. By all means, no one should simply run a bolt
through just any plain hole in the floor without ample reinforcement, lest
they and their seat become airborne projectiles when the bolt gets yanked
through the ripped metal!

Also, I'm temporarily using the threaded floor holes until I get my rollbar
re-installed. Both the lap belt (low) and shoulder belt (high) connection
points are normally bolted through my rollbar.

Fred - So.SF

----------
> From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
> To: 'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'
> Subject: The list in action
> Date: Thursday, March 23, 2000 3:23 PM
>
> Hey all,
>
> With all the talk about the new list, I thought I would let you know of a
> chain of events that met my needs from the old list and encompassed
> contributions from coast-to-coast.
>
> I recently posted about needing a passenger seat belt for my girlfriend.
All