Engine Hoist

To: "'Hall, Phillip'" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Engine Hoist
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:22:05 -0800
I agree with Phil, you need the right tool for the job.  However many rental
shops rent hoists.

So the question are:

How many times will I use it over 10+ years?
How much does it cost to buy versus rent?
Where will I store it?

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.
SM 2000/2
FAX (650)312-5830

From: Hall, Phillip [mailto:Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov]

One of the best 250 bucks I ever spent!!  I dropped a 1600 motor/trans from
4 feet using a come-a-long.  A tooth sheared and down it came.  Scared me
half to death!  The only damage was the oil pan - I was lucky!

No substitute for the right tool!!

Phil

        Question:  My husband thinks we should invest in an engine hoist, I
have NOOOO
        clue how much these run or if they are a viable purchase for a
hobbyist.  Any
        suggestions?

        -Annette Rogers
        Vancouver, Washington